2011 was closed out with an extended trip to WV for Christmas. We stayed there for 6 days and it was so refreshing just to stay put and relax a bit after the busy holiday weekend. I can't even begin to tell you how much Italian food was consumed by Justin and I :) I love the variety of restaurants in DC, but I haven't found an Italian spot that quite compares to the selection at home.
We did the usual running around for the holiday; Justin's family Christmas Eve day, to my grandparents on xmas eve, to my great aunt Linda's on Christmas, the new tradition of "cousins party" at Anna's new house Christmas night, and then to Justin's extended family dinner in PA on the 26th. Whew!
.the christmas kids. {I finally got to love on the little lady, Nina}
.cousin pic on Christmas Eve.
Thanks to Carlie, I can now make Instagram collages on my iphone. Feeding my addiction :X
Ringing in 2012 in DC! A tradition since 2007!
Eddie got back from his 6 month deployment overseas just in time to keep the tradition alive. Glad to have you back safe & sound, Edward :)
American Tap Room was our source of food, drink and dancing for the final hours of 2011. We had a group of 10 and had an entertaining night to say the least. Here are the ladies of the evening :)
The first weekend in January was my best friend. With temps in the 60's, I was a happy girl. That should hold me over for at least a few weeks before thoughts of sun + sand consume my mind ;)
I got to sport my new TOMS, grab lunch/stroll around Glover Park with no coat {i hate wearing layers}, and not rush Vera on her walks. Only 6-8 more years until we can wish northern Virginia farewell {don't get me wrong, I do love it, but...} and pick a warmer spot on the map!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment