I've made it a dozen times, but I just recently discovered that adding one simple ingredient makes it much more delicious {and fattening}, but more importantly - delicious :) The secret, or maybe I was the only one in the dark, sour cream.
:the details:
1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, but I usually make 2 with and two without)
- 1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup
- white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- 2) In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and
- cinnamon with electric mixer. Hand stir in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in walnuts (or not) and divide
- into pans.
- 3) Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
* I've also halved this recipe just in case all the loaves would happen to remain under our roof - dangerous! (bake @ 325 for 1 hr. 10 min)
Crumbly topping...a must
~ 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
~ 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
~ 2 or 3 tablespoons butter or margarine (softened)
~ 1 teaspoon cinnamon
~ 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
*Mix with fork until crumbly then spoon over loaves before baking*
No comments:
Post a Comment