Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas in Washington

Christmas in Washington is a holiday musical celebration that gathers some of the greatest singers to benefit the Children's National Medical Center and to perform for the guests of honor - the first family. I am so grateful to have been able to witness this in person. It was a very intimate setting, only one thousand 'by invite only' tickets were distributed.  I can't even begin to explain how moving this was. I was so amped up afterwards that I couldn't sleep and had a smile on my face allllll day. It is hands-down the most amazing thing I have ever experienced to date. 

Christina and I before heading out in the pouring rain!

Breathtaking. The National Building Museum in all of it's Christmas glory





All of the performers mingling with The Obama's; iCarly, Mr Shuster from Glee, Mariah Carey, Ellen D, Pres. O, Maxwell, gorgeous Michelle O, Sasha O, Annie Lennox, and Andrea Bocelli. To be honest, I was most excited to see Ellen, but after hearing these artists belt their hearts out I have such a respect for each of them. My favorite memories are Annie Lennox's Universal Child, Mariah's high notes and cute bow over her baby bump, and the voice of Andrea Bocelli - that voice!

As if the show wasn't enough, all of the guests were invited behind the stage to partake in food (delicious) and drinks (endless). They had toy soldiers doing magic tricks, a balloon artist, and life size characters for the kids. Christina and Tyler got to join me :)

Justin's 12+ hour work days were finally over and he was able to enjoy himself a bit at the reception.  An ENORMOUS thank you to my hardworking, thoughtful husband <3

It airs on TNT December 17th @ 8 pm! I'll stop bragging now.....   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment