Sunday, October 5, 2014

Changes!

So many changes here at the Van Tromp household. To start, we welcome a new, sweet baby to the family early March :) Here is the video I made to surprise a few. I meant to get it out a few weeks sooner, but with the extreme exhaustion and morning sickness I just couldn't get motivated to do anything other than things I HAD to get done during that first trimester (and then some). Daddy really kicked it into overdrive the last several months and I couldn't be more thankful that we have him around. At almost 18 weeks, I finally have my energy back and ....knock on wood... haven't been sick in a few days. We find out BOY or GIRL real soon! 

I started a new job with the school system this fall and Justin is starting a new position with his current job. Things are a little chaotic right now just adjusting to the changes, but I am really looking forward to having 8'ish weeks off during the summer months! A constantly traveling hubby also makes for some interesting days and weeks, but I'm looking forward to the perks that will also come with the difficulty of him being away. Hawaii for Christmas? Fingers are crossed!

All of these exciting changes leads to one tough decision. I've thought long and hard about taking my photography to the next level {creating a brand} or taking a long/possibly permanent break from it. With weighing the pros and cons, it's just not worth it to pursue right now. Honestly, my heart is not in like it like it use to be and the time it takes away from more important things is what I struggle with. I still LOVE taking photos and improving my skills, but I can meet that level of love with just photographing my own family moments. So for now, I'll be directing my lens just towards my little love(s) and can recommend a few great photographers in the area to those interested :)







No comments:

Post a Comment