Friday, March 14, 2014

and just like that, he's ONE!

Where do I begin? This little man has blessed us in ways I could have never imagined. His sweet, silly and rambunctious personality has us more in love and more exhausted every single day. He seriously is a wild child and is not even walking yet. I knew when I watched home videos of Justin as a child we would be in trouble when ours came, but I still held out a little hope that he would get my calm demeanor.  He definitely can be very chill at times which is awesome, but I've seen the spunk come out in these last couple months. As tiring as it can be, it is so fun to watch. His 2nd year should be interesting :) Especially because he thinks it's funny when we tell him "no" and just precedes with what he wants to do - advice appreciated! This year has been the best year ever. The change that happens between newborn and ONE is just amazing. We love you to the moon and back, sweet son. 

At 12 months you are:

Understanding everything! You learn things very quickly and shock us when we say words like "squirrel" and "snow" in an entire sentence and you point outside. You turn on the music box attached to your crib by yourself before you go to sleep. I love watching you on the monitor pushing the buttons to find just the right song :) When you've found it you curl up in your little ball and fall asleep within seconds. 

You have quite a few words! Let's be honest though, it is my job to teach babies to talk so I know all the tricks ;) You say: mama, dada, ball, go, bye-bye, Vera (V-a), no, meow, bubble, uh-oh, aqua, nana (for banana and Nana), baba for bottle, eye, "momo" for Elmo and Nemo, "Bubba" for uncle Brandon and "TyTy" for Tyler {don't worry aunt Teeny and Kiki, we're working on it :)} and the signs for all done, more, milk and cheese. 

You love walking around with your Lightning McQueen car and your music walker, love going to Home Depot with daddy, feeding Vera, your toy piggy bank, any cat you see, looking for birds and squirrels outside, and your favorite foods are: hard boiled eggs, avocado, cheese, raspberries and ice cream. Any type of ball is still your absolute favorite thing! 

Here is the video of your FIRST YEAR! I'm going to miss the baby stage, but I know there is much more fun to come xoxo

{smash cake photo shoot}




{little birthday party}




{our one year old}



No comments:

Post a Comment