Sunday, May 19, 2013

under contract....

I have very mixed emotions about leaving our little townhouse. Our goal was to stay here 5 years and by the time we move we'll be 9 months short of that - crazy! We took a risk buying in an "up and coming" section of Arlington. So close to the city, very safe and plenty to do, but new construction mixed with pockets of industrial-looking buildings and not-so-nice houses. I can't thank Justin enough for convincing me it would be worth it down the road to sacrifice the square footage early and buy in a town that neighbors DC. We are lucky enough to be able to cash out and actually buy a single family home still within striking distance of the city! 

We've really come to LOVE this changing neighborhood and went back and forth for months about actually listing it. The things I'll miss most are our wonderful neighbors (although most have cashed out and moved on as well) and the pool :) I can leave behind the ridiculous HOA fees and one parking spot for three cars. Playing musical cars for 4 years is enough.

You've been so good to us, 4175-A :) 

now the clock is ticking to find a charming little house to call ours. ready, GO!


{print I made to frame in our next place}

No comments:

Post a Comment