We started fall a couple weeks early with our summer vacation further north! I wasn't too thrilled about leaving behind the summer heat, but the scenery alone was worth it. I must admit though, the weather was near perfect almost the entire week.
Vera made the 13 hr drive with us and we took a pretty big risk by having her tag along. We stayed in three different harbor towns which meant three new places for her little nose to get use to. Every place we went was dog-friendly to the extreme. She had her first dining experience with us :) It was such a success that five more followed (not without her lobster bone to keep her preoccupied, of course).
Three nights in Bar Harbor meant spending the days hiking through Acadia National park, shopping on the quaint little streets that outlined the harbor, pre-dinner drinks at the winery walking distance from our cottage, and eating meals that contained either lobster or blueberries. I was in heaven - two of my most favorite foods :)
We spent a night in the Camden/Rockport area; a true fishing town. I could never get sick of the harbor views! Our last two nights were spent in Freeport where there is fine dining, great outlet shopping and most importantly the king of all LL Bean stores. Vera got to go to "Dog Days of August," a doggie fair, we hit up right before heading back to VA.
Sadly, the only pic of us three. On our way up Cadillac Mountain!
Lunch, day in and day out: lobster rolls :)
I didn't get to see my lighthouse in the previous post :( We headed out a day early and decided to skip our day in Portland because Vera wasn't eating towards the end of the trip. I think it was a little overwhelming for her. All in all we had a great road trip. I'm happy to say we've been following my grandparents advice of "don't get stuck in a rut" when it comes to vacationing. They really regretted not going and seeing all they wanted to see and instead stuck with their same ol' trips to beach towns down south. I'm already thinking forward (are you even surprised?) to the next one and hope Justin hops on board with the idea :)






No comments:
Post a Comment