Happy Birthday, ViVi!!

My how she's grown...

Vera turned one year old on September 11th! I still remember the terrified look on her face as she came down the luggage shoot off her flight from Oklahoma. She might have been just as nervous as me :0 She refused to come out of the crate and used both paws to hold herself back.
A few days later, she pulled a houdini trick and escaped the first time we left her alone by scaling the puppy gate, climbing the stairs for the first time, and jumping onto our not-so-low bed...giving herself a hernia :( I came home 1.5 hours after leaving her to find her sound asleep on our bed next to Justin's t-shirt. Ohh, it was a tough first couple months with this pup.
She's matured so much since we got her in November. We no longer have to use the web cam (Justin's idea) to spy on her during the work days. Who has a video monitor on their dog, really??? As a matter of fact, she's rarely in her crate anymore! We can trust her for up to seven hours unsupervised and given free roam of the house with no major incidences :) I think she's over her shoe-destroying phase - thank goodness. She truly is a great dog.

To celebrate, I made 'pup'cakes for all of her favorite neighborhood doggies - call me crazy!! Our community also had a doggie swim before closing the pool down. Check out the video :)
No comments:
Post a Comment